Today I am at home. Resting after a small surgery. This whole post is written more for me to be able to go back and remind myself of it when I will need to. I have found out this blog is a big records keeper for our family.
Soon after I started nursing Olive I got a very bad mastitis that I had a hard time getting rid of. After I healed I had a small scar left which they said it is normal in some cases. Two weeks ago I have noticed a lump or mass in the spot has gotten much bigger and it was hurting a little bit. As I was already schedule for my yearly OBGYN appointment I showed it to my doctor. She has referred me to a specialist who has scheduled me for a mammogram and ultrasound.
Quick fact about a mammogram. I was very curious about a mammogram as I only heard scary stories about it growing up. In the end it is not bad at all. I don't know if they had changed machines, if I am a good patient, if my breasts are easy to work with, but I had no problem with it. OK, back to the story. The final result was that I have Fat Necrosis. Whenever there is a trauma to the breast from a hit to it, a lump can form in the spot. I was in a car accident about three years ago and as the bags deployed it could have hit my chest. As I was nursing Olive the weak spot could probably not function well and I got mastitis. Anyway, yesterday I had the lump removed from the breast. I got to see the lump and how much they took out and it looked a lot. But I could be wrong as I was still under the medication when I was looking at it. I am recovering today in a quiet house. Gathering the energy for the weekend and time with kids at home. I might just put my right arm in a sling as a reminder to the two of them to be very careful with me. I had no idea how in a way you are limited with getting things accomplished when it is just the right breast they operated on. It hurts to walk, run, jump, have children in the lap, brush against the breast, reach for things, lay on sides. The pain medication Vicodin makes me sick. It does not matter if I eat when I take them. I think I might stop taking them and just stick to Tylenol. With tomorrow I should already be back on feet with kids and Tuesday our normal schedule will resume. Daycare, work and life.
Right now I still have 4 hours of quiet and need to find some movies to watch. Or take a nap. Or start reading a book.
1 comment:
Samo, da je vse dobr! Drži se!
lp
KatjaB.
Post a Comment