November 01, 2011

New York/New York















  • LOVE the city. Would love to go back as often as possible on vacation. I do not think I would want to live there. Maybe.
  • Felt very safe. Even more than in Denver at the beginning of the month.
  • As means of transportation we have used feet, subway, taxi, bus and bikes. We would even be on a boat if the tour would not get cancelled due to the snow.
  • I was able to spend a little bit of money at my favorite fabric shop Purl.
  • We saw Penn of Penn & Teller with his family and Andie MacDowell with her daughter.
  • We ate at an awesome restaurant Spotted Pig. I had the best fries I ever ate in my life. They fry them with a rosemary. Second night was at a French place I do not know the name off. The food again was amazing.
  • Drove bikes in Central Park.
  • Went to see a show at UCB Theater. It was an improvisation play.
  • The last night together my sister and I went for a drink before bed. Ended up being hit on by a guy.
  • Hanging out with the nephew is fun. It makes me feel old for sure. We have decided his next band should name itself Broken Umbrellas.
  • Bought New York memorabilia. Magnets. My sister gifted me a New York mug. We both have the same one. I am saving it for first use on the weekend.
  • The city is expensive. In a day I spent $100 on just surviving there. Food and transportation.
  • I love it that I got to be in New York with my sister. Love exploring things with her. She challenges me on so many levels. I miss her. I wish I could teleport myself to her for the next couple of days.

No comments: