I loved Tara Whitney's project [link] from last year when she captured her family every month. It made me realize that we have lots of pictures of our children but not many of all four of us together. I am hoping to at least capture us one per month for the whole year. See the changes in all of us.
First picture was taken while I was talking with my mom on the phone. Hi mami. January felt a very slow month and it seemed like it will never end. It seemed like the winter will stay with us for ever. Here we are almost at the end of the month. The month is over but the winter continues. This is the first year I have decided to not be brave on the roads and ended up home with two snow days. It took Andy two and a half hours to shovel all the snow from the driveway.
Andy is for sure my hero. This month he was on evening shift and I missed him a lot. Luckily as his parents are willing to watch children we ended up having a great dinner out last night. As Olive is growing it seems like we can focus some of the energy back on us. It is lots of fun talking to him. Making plans for the year and future. I am still googly eyed over him.
Enzo had his orientation at the school we hope he will go to in the fall. He loved every minute of it. He is very ready to start in the school. He is interested in writing, numbers, counting, spelling. I am amazed and blown away how brave this little boy is. He got an infection on his thumb that was getting worse over the weekend. We took him to the doctor where they drained it with the needle. Even though he was a little bit scared because of extra staff in the room, he hardly cried. Was happy to take his medication and wore a bandaid as a badge of honor.
His sister was also very brave this month. She has received her second shot for the flu. Her top two teeth finally came through her gums. She is pretty good at sleeping through the night, is fast at crawling, loves a banana, says daddy, hi, aja aja (Slovene for going to bed), thank you. She loves eating. She loves to play with Matchbox cars.
January is the last month I am not taking care of myself. With tomorrow I am starting to get active and eat better. I am not trying to be drastic, just take little steps. This month is also the month I have realized I can get my old self back. Like I am getting some of my old energy back. I love cooking and thinking of recipes, I am hoping to craft more, take pictures, be active (walk/run). I really can't wait to see what February is going to bring us. There is a big birthday to celebrate for sure.
1 comment:
no slovene today! must have been busy. will you add it later? stay safe in all of the snow!
Post a Comment