I cannot believe how busy March turned out to be. We were healthy, sick, active,... We started the month with celebrating my birthday. Andy and I for the first time ever left the kids over night and spent the night in a hotel, went out to eat, slept in. We had a blast and loved every minute of it. We both felt like we are at the beginning of our relationship but better. Because we already know each other. I love thinking of that night and cannot wait to repeat it.
My friend Tammy and I both have birthdays in March. We have decided to celebrate it by spending the day in Saint Louis with another friend, Beth. We visited some shops and ate. It was a great day of chatting, looking at things we love. My favorite purchases were made at Home Goods. I went crazy with getting some new dishes and love using them. Dutch oven was put to use right away and have been baking bread in it. When I got home I felt recharged, rested and normal. Normal because talking with Tammy and Beth I realized that our life is normal. That everyone struggles with similar things. That in the end we are just living life. Making things happen.
How rude of me to start writing all about myself first. But there are just a couple more things I would like to remember. I have taken a portrait picture of a professor at work for an award they are nominated. I have borrowed a film camera from a friend but had not had a chance to shoot with it yet. I have bought film and a new battery. As soon as I get to read a book and a manual I am hoping to use it. I am just a bit hesitant because I don't have unlimited number of pictures I can take. They really need to be good. And with kids I need to catch them in the right mood or I won't be able to get any good pictures. I am secretly hoping to take my photography further this year. I would love to get some new subjects to take pictures of. Mostly because I would like to put myself in new situations and see if I can work and make good stuff also when I am not taking pictures of my kids, in our house where I know where the good light is,... I have a project in mind but I am a bit afraid to ask permission for it. I am mostly hoping people who see my work would approach me and ask if I would be willing. I am afraid putting this out in the public but if I don't try how am I going to know if I like it.
OK, enough about me.
Andy was busy playing with numbers. He has worked on our taxes. We were very happy with numbers we saw in the end. He has bought a new suit which is required for work. He looks very handsome in it. As much as I love seeing him in jeans and a t-shirt I would love to go on a date where he would dress up. This month we replaced the roof on the house and he worked his bottom off when the roofers were here. It was such a great experience on working together with him. Him outside and me inside cooking. We both had the same goal in mind and it was great to be pulling everything together as a team. Having the roof replaced made us both feel very grown up. I felt more grown up compared to becoming a parent. I think it is because of the preparation it takes to get it done, saving the money, that it lasts 20-30 years,... Replacing the roof means taking care of your family. That we are responsible for our little family of four. It just seems such a big thing. Before we had the roof done we worked in the yard and have gotten lots of leaves and weeds from fall picked up. Both kids loved spending the time outside. Olive crawled all over while Enzo was put to work. He did not complain too much and I think he enjoyed being helpful and responsible.
As for sickness. Enzo was treated for sinus infection. Olive for eye infection, ear infection and fluid on the knee. I had some dental work done on the teeth. That was a story in itself. I have done it under sedation and lots of things I didn't remember after it wore off. I am very glad Andy and his parents took care of me and the children. To them it was probably like taking care of three kids on that day.
Olive has participated in a research at the University. They had to perform an MRI on her while she was asleep. We had to wait until she would get into a deep sleep until they moved her into a machine. I was afraid it might not work but in the end they were able to get good images of her head. Andy and I were both glad we were able to help with the research. Even though at the beginning we thought it was nuts of us to sign up for it. But then I reminded myself to only do one step at the time. To not rush it and it did work out well in the end.
Olive learned a new word. Her new favorite word is "NO" and she loves using it a lot. She is cute when she says it but sometimes it is tiring. I should really make a film movie of it.
To finish on a big note, Enzo has been officially admitted to school. He will be starting in kindergarten at our chosen school for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment