We started with snow. About 22 inches over night. It took Andy and I six hours combined to shovel our driveway. I stayed home for almost four days as University remained closed. Which never happens. It turned out to be good as Enzo was running a fever the whole time. A week later Olive got his virus for 24 hours and a few days later it caught up with me. It was a bad flu. I was running a fever for four days too and just felt awful. I was happy to accept Jan and Hugh's help with the kids as well as I stayed home an extra day from work to recuperate.
We did lots of cooking and baking. We celebrated Olive's as well as Andy's birthday. As I did not look forward to plan Olive's birthday it turned out adorable. We sent out invitations/birthday announcements. There was a small party with dinner, desserts, balloons, pictures of Olive's whole year. It was a blast. Andy's celebration was much smaller but there was some new dishes cooked. It was fun trying a hand at something new.
At half point of the month we experienced some sadness in the family. We had decided to put down our dog Loma. He has gotten sick and started changing a lot. Was avoiding us in the house, was sleeping in the basement, lost lots of weight despite being fed all the time, lost hair, seemed unhappy,... Once taken to the vet she has predicted he has cancer. It has been really hard making the decision. I think I was in denial about it and wanted to stay in denial that we are losing more than just a pet. He was always my buddy when Andy would be working. When it was storming we would both hide in the bedroom. It was really nice having him at home. I knew I was protected with him. We still miss him and think of him often. As we had experienced our first tornado warning for this year, I bet he would be in the basement with us. Sleeping and waiting for the storm to pass.
Olive was taken to the doctor for her one year old check up. She is healthy. Very healthy. Except for the ear infection that we had no idea about. Luckily this is only her second infection. I think she has done excellent for the first year of life. I bet staying home with my mom a bit longer did her well. Made her stronger. Which she is showing us for sure. When things are not going her way she bangs with her forehead on the floor. We have learned she was hitting her classmates while stealing their food because they protested her. She is our feisty girl. She will make us hop. But then she has some genes of her mom in her. I have heard she was not an easy child. :)
Enzo had his Kindergarten interview where we were told he passed and will be starting in school in the fall. We are super excited. So far he is letting me pick his backpack. I am not going to hold my breath as it might change fast. I would like to go for stylish when he will most likely be picking by action figures on it.
Pictures of us are from Olive's birthday. Enzo and Olive have been snapped tonight as soon as we got home from daycare and work. The days are getting longer and warmer. Which I am loving every second of. Except that Olive is begging to go to bed as soon as we get home. It is hard holding her off through dinner. But she will grow and we will be able to play outside after dinner plenty later.
3 comments:
so sorry to hear about your pup. it's never easy losing our canine friends. hope to see you soon!
Bogi Loma! Mi je zelo žal.
KatjaB.
Sounds like a full and (mostly) happy February! Happy Birthday, too! Hope your March is just has fun and full of activity!!
Post a Comment