- In the morning running errands in Vrhnika. Taking care of official business. Picking up Olive's Slovene Birth Certificate. Both kids have dual citizenship. I picked up my renewed passport. I had to submit new pictures, they took my fingerprints, I paid equal to $48 and I had it in a week. Less complicated and cheaper than gaining US passports.
- In the afternoon kids, my mom and I visited my uncle and aunt. They were very funny. My uncle told a joke that is very inappropriate to post here but I will remember him by it forever.
- My aunt walked us across the highway bridge to see the farm. The kids fed animals old bread. Olive almost jumped off the bridge when she saw horses. She loves animals.
- In the afternoon Andy and I went shopping with my sister and Rapa in Ljubljana. We bought kids some clothes. Ate the BEST ice cream ever. It was very chocolaty with some chocolate cake chunks in it. It is called Saher after a famous Vienna cake. I will dream of this ice cream until we return back home.
- After shopping Andy and I walked in the center of Ljubljana. I was overwhelmed. It was a total overload and almost wished we didn't go. But I found out lots of things that changed in the last time I was home. The center is closed to traffic. It is very pedestrian friendly. The center is filled with tourists. There is a new bridge across the river.
- Andy got a toothache. I took him to Dental Urgent Care. The place was like a butchers shop. Ha ha. They worked on his tooth without any pain medication. They just drilled and I watched him jump in the seat and almost break the handles off. They temporarily fixed him. They only charged us $47 for the work. After we stopped at my sister's house for some whiskey. My sister was telling us that paying for dental work out of pocket is not expensive and we are toying with idea to have all dental work done at home. Not at the Urgent Care but at private practice where they are more humane and they offer pain medication.
July 30, 2011
deveti dan/ninth day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment