July 29, 2011

dnevi 5-8/days 5-8

Four days at the Croatian coast. I was nervouse driving a car the whole way. Driving stick shift is like riding a bicycle. You never forget, but you still get out of practice. As long as we did not have to stop and start too much, I was fine. Andy saved me with some pointers too and I did better on the highway.
  • Kids took to the water right away. Both of them loved waves, swimming, playing and drinking salty water.
  • We stayed at the coast with my sister and her family. Four adults and five kids.
  • Ate the best food the whole time. My mom packed all food for us. She froze meals and we only had to finish getting it ready. I don't know if it was the water, air, but we ate everything to the last drop and crumb.
  • Staying with my sister was fun. We all shared responsibility of taking care of kids, cooked, cleaned. Nothing was discussed, just done.
  • My sister and I got up every morning at 7 am and went to have coffee and bought fresh bread. It was one of the best part of the day. Get up and start the day with coffee and great conversations.
  • We moved along days as we felt like it. We listened to kids needs. Ate lots of ice cream.
  • Evenings were spent on a patio with candles, music, conversations, laughing. Drinking beer and eating chips. It is a must at the coast.
  • We found out my nephew Lars and Enzo have a favorite song. Dynamite by Taio Cruz. They both sang it for us.













1 comment:

kylie said...

is that your sister with olive in the hammock? she looks so much like you!